Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shemszot <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/19 21:52:33 UTC

Odd behaviour for case insensitive searches

Hello Everyone,

I've been having issues with odd SOLR behavior when searching for case
insensitive data.  Let's take a vanilla SOLR config (from the example).
Then I uploaded the default solr.xml document with a slight modification to
the field with name 'name'.  I added "Thomas NOSQL.

<add>
<doc>
  <field name="id">SOLR1000</field>
  <field name="name">Solr, the Enterprise Search Server Thomas NOSQL</field>
</doc>
</add>

Then when I search for
nosql~

I got the record returned in the search

However, when I seach for NOSQL~ no records are returned.

You can see my solr admin interface here:

http://skatingboutique.com [PORT 8080] /solr/#/tracks

Why is this?

Re: Odd behaviour for case insensitive searches

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Check http://search-lucene.com/?q=wildcard+fuzzy+lowercase&sort=newestOnTop

I can't connect to it now for some reason, but
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters has the info
you need - on wildcard and fuzzy searches, no text analysis is performed on
the search word.

Otis