Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Edgar Zavala <je...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/04 01:21:52 UTC

Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Hi All,

    Today i begin the creation of an Installer for Windows version of
axis-c++ (if any interested) based on current 1.2 binary found in the
axis site on apache.org domain:

Done:
    1.- Ask for a directory and check if there is apache installed
    2.- Ask for a directory and check if there is any Expat or Xerces
library (user selected option)
    3.- Select the Axis installation directory
    4.- Put the directory tree as described in INSTALL instructions
    5.- Added license agreement (LICENSE file from downloaded binary zip)

Testing:

    4.- Change environment variables according to user selection and
installed directories.

Pending:

    5.- Make changes to httpd.conf
    6.- Restart apache if installed as service.

   I used an opensource install program called "inno setup", i will
put the Script source as GPL so anybody can use the install script to
make an updated version once it is finished for Axis-C 1.2 version.

    Regards,
    Edgar Zavala.
--
J. Edgar Zavala S. ak'a Kerberos
eMail: jezavala@gmail.com

Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by Edgar Zavala <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

     I'll put this script under the Apache License =)

     Regards,
     Edgar Zavala.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
>    I used an opensource install program called "inno setup", i will
> put the Script source as GPL so anybody can use the install script to
> make an updated version once it is finished for Axis-C 1.2 version.

Why GPL? Why not Apache License?

Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

RE: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Edgar,

Great work ..!,

We appreciate your contribution when you have finished this installer.

Thanks,

Susantha Kumara
Lanka Software Foundation