Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/12 21:43:09 UTC

2.0.7-incubating release completed, what's next?

Please check the website for missing stuff.

So do we want this next release before the end of the year?

Do we want to fix all these before? Something else to add?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310820&fixfor=12315015

Cheers,
Francis

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: moving to slf4j

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> wrote:

> I once stated an attempt to use slf4j but I had a problem with the configuration.
> Our class org.apache.empire.xml.XMLConfiguration uses the log4j DOMConfigurator (org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator) to initialize Logging from the config file.
>
> How do we replace this so that logging configuration from the config file is still possible?

We don't replace it by something else. We move that part out of the
empire-db main package. As this is logger implementation specific.

Slf4j is mainly an api containing interfaces. Then for each logging
implementation there are extensions. So for using log4j you would
still set up log4j as before and add slf4j-log4j to the classpath. The
difference is that the code will not call commons-logging but slf4j
instead.

If you want I can set up a branch where we try the switch.

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be

moving to slf4j

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: 2.0.7-incubating release completed, what's next?

Posted by Andreas Fink <an...@andreasfink.com>.
Hi Francis, Rainer.

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Franics,

thanks for the info and great that you already updated the website.
I missed some of the conversation especially on general.
I will try to catch up with reading.

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

http://www.somatik.be

re: 2.0.7-incubating release completed, what's next?

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Franics,