Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2010/11/01 03:55:22 UTC

Boosting the score based on certain field

Hi,

In my document i have a filed called category.This contains
"electronics,games ,..etc".For some of the category values i need to boost
the document score.Let us say, for "electronics" category, i will decide the
boosting parameter grater than the "games" category.Is there any body has
the idea to achieve this functionality?

Regards,
Siva

Re: Boosting the score based on certain field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Would simple boosting work? As in category:electronics^2?

If not, perhaps you can explain a bit more about what you're trying to
accomplish...

Best
Erick