Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Scott Kurz <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 16:21:38 UTC

using XML<-> Java data bindings without WSDL

For the past couple days I've been trying to understand how one would use
the databinding framework to serialize/deserialize something like JAXB/SDO
to/from XML without a WSDL present.

I've been doing this over a dummy binding implementation.

I'm ready to ask for some help as I've run into one issue after another and
haven't succeeded in my first goal which was to use a 'Node' DB for my dummy
binding's binding ServiceContract
which would be able to handle apps annotated with: *@DataType(name="
javax.xml.bind.JAXBElement")
*
I've mostly been looking at the Axis2 binding as a model though I've
realized that it relies heavily on the presence of a WSDL definition.
Whether the Composite-level ref/srvc is defined with
<interface.java> or <interface.wsdl>, there is still a WSDL along with the <
binding.ws>.   The introspection performed by InterfaceWSDLIntrospector is
key to loading DB-related info for the model
Operation, etc. objects.

Working without a WSDL... I'm basically cloning the component-level SC and
adjusting the DB at the binding SC level.     I still haven't suceeded and I
am now realizing that as a next step I could copy and rework some of the
processing currently in the WSDLOperation class.  That is, I could load my
XSD file into an XML Schema object
and build relevant Tuscany DB objects:  DataType, etc.

So, (leaving aside the artifact loading question of how my Composite would
point to an XSD file .. I'll have to search the list archives and specs for
the latest on that).....   I'm just wondering who's been down this path
before and if anyone has any sample code that would help me make some
progress... or maybe there is somewhere in the current SVN tree that I'm
missing.

Thank you,
Scott