Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jaya <ja...@maas.de> on 2003/03/24 10:33:21 UTC

Problem in converting umlaut characters..

Hello,

I am using Cocoon latest version. When I am generating a text file from
XML document using XSL, I got the following problem in Cocoon.

    "Müller" is shown as "Müller"

I have given the encoding in XML and XSL file properly and I have
generated the same text file in the Command line using Xalan XSLT
processor. I got the text "Müller" properly.  I am not getting this
while I am using Cocoon.

Could U please tell me whether I have to give any settings in Cocoon for

this Umlaut characters ?

Expecting reply,

Thanks a lot,

Jaya

Re: Problem in converting umlaut characters..

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.
I had this trouble too and I solved it doing two things :

Specifying the encoding in the serializers : <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>

And writing <xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/> in the
stylesheet.

Hope that help.

Lionel

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

jaya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Cocoon latest version. When I am generating a text file from

text or html file?
on-line or off-line?

> XML document using XSL, I got the following problem in Cocoon.
>
>     "Müller" is shown as "Müller"

where do you see this come up? ('in cocoon' is a bit vague)
your browser?

can you check on which encoding the view-app (assuming browser)
is using to render the text?

currently thinking setting content encoding on your serializer
should do it (in html you could hack some meta tag in there, for
txt you'll really need to change the latter)

how to do it is in the first part of this:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RequestParameterEncoding

HTH
-marc=

Posted by Alexander Czernay <li...@czernay.com>.
Jaya,

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jaya,

Have you looked in Wiki (Cocoon documentation site),
if not, try
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Search.jsp?query=encoding.
Let me know if this doesn't help.

Cheers,