Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2017/12/08 22:04:22 UTC

Question on Windows Step by Step Building Guide

For a number of reasons I am considering embarking into the wonderful
world of building AOO on Windows. In the section on getting AOO source
code there is the following warning. Do not use a tool that changes line
endings, such as the default configuration of TortoiseSVN. I understand
the reasoning around not wanting to change line endings, I was hoping
some one knew of a way around the problem with the default configuration.

Regards
Keith

Re: Question on Windows Step by Step Building Guide

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
> My solution is to do all file-changing svn operations, including
> check-out, using the Cygwin command line svn, not TortoiseSVN.

Pat;
A reasonable solution and most likely a useful skill to become
re-acquainted with; however since it is 25+ years since I have played in
a Unix environment was also hoping to have a fall back to a bit more
automated methodology for dealing with SVN.
I will definitely  in mind going forward.

Keith

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
My solution is to do all file-changing svn operations, including
check-out, using the Cygwin command line svn, not TortoiseSVN.

On 12/8/2017 2:04 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> For a number of reasons I am considering embarking into the wonderful
> world of building AOO on Windows. In the section on getting AOO source
> code there is the following warning. Do not use a tool that changes line
> endings, such as the default configuration of TortoiseSVN. I understand
> the reasoning around not wanting to change line endings, I was hoping
> some one knew of a way around the problem with the default configuration.
>
> Regards
> Keith

---
http://www.avg.com