Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/06/27 20:42:33 UTC

Re: another mod_status.c patch

Michael Douglass wrote:

> Ok, here's another useful one that allows you to add ?nodead to the URL
> to make the server only return lines in the table (or raw output) for
> those server slots that have active processes.  If the server is dead,
> then skip it:

This doesn't strike me as a particularly useful ... the slot itself may have
been used, even if the server that ran on it is now dead. An option excluding
idle and dead servers might be more to the point.

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.

Re: another mod_status.c patch

Posted by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net>.
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Michael Douglass wrote:
> >
> > Ok, here's another useful one that allows you to add ?nodead to the URL
> > to make the server only return lines in the table (or raw output) for
> > those server slots that have active processes.  If the server is dead,
> > then skip it:
>
> This doesn't strike me as a particularly useful ... the slot itself may have
> been used, even if the server that ran on it is now dead. An option excluding
> idle and dead servers might be more to the point.

It is an option.  Just like notable, you specify it as /status?nodead so that
you can monitor only the live processes.  So this is "more to the point"?

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"