Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/04/10 19:33:09 UTC

Bugs with caching-disabled ?

Hi there.

I'm using Tapestry rc-3, and for me caching-disabled option is essential
because I don't have the nerves to restart the server each time I want to
change .html or .page files. Anyway, I noticed following :
1. Template doesn't get reloaded if only some character's case is changed;
for eg. try to change word 'foo' in template to 'Foo' and template won't get
reloaded
2. This other error is more serious, but kinda hard for me to explain
because I dunno internal working of Tapestry, but anyway :
I created abstract Login page class (dunno if it happens with non-abstract
classes), same as in javadoc of PageCallback class with instance variable
ICallback callback which gets set during work, thus it is used to redirect
to some secured page inca se of successuful login. Everything works fine
when in standard cached mode, but when I switched to disabled-cached, this
instance ICallback variable somehow gets reinitialized to null now, thus
raising NullPointerException when tried to be used ?!

So much,
Vjeran

Re: Bugs with caching-disabled ?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
You need to lazy init any instance variables you have - with caching
turned off you are identifying a bug in your code that could have
manifested itself with caching turned on with one user seeing state set
from another user.

	Erik