Posted to user@flink.apache.org by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/12 17:02:29 UTC

How to restart/recover on reboot?

The installation instructions do not indicate how to create systemd
services.

1- When task nodes fail, will the job leader detect this and ssh and
restart the task node? From my testing it doesn't seem like it.
2- How do we recover a lost node? Do we simply go back to the master node
and run start-cluster.sh and the script is smart enough to figure out what
is missing?
3- Or do we need to create systemd services and if so on which command do
we start the service on?

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to restart/recover on reboot?

Posted by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ok I tried it works! I can setup my cluster with terraform and enable
systemd services! i think I got confused when I looked and it was doing
leader election because all service came up quick!

Posted by John Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "PoolakkalMukkath, Shakir" <Sh...@comcast.com>.
Hi Nick,

From: "Martin, Nick" <Ni...@ngc.com>