Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/16 01:50:10 UTC

Best way of "dashboard" panels to be customised as part of a user profile.

Hi,

If i have a dashboard (kinda like how Jira has its dashboards), if i want to
persist the arrangement of panels, and the type .. what are my options?

At the moment I'm thinking of using a list of widgets which will consist of
the fully qualified "dashboard widget" class name, and a list of
intitialising parameters - then using reflection to instantiate the panels
on subsequent visits to the page.

Each of these WidgetsPanel will extend Panel

What are some alternatives.

What I have feels ... a bit too reflectiony - but i suppose will work quite
well with "unknown" panels, eg at config/deploy time.