Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz> on 2010/02/04 00:31:02 UTC

AjaxUpdating ends up with null model objects

Hi all,

I would like to ask something about ajax and form submitting, I'm
definitely missing something from concepts. I'll try to describe as the
code is too long to post.

I have two ajaxcheckboxes which we can think of as binary switches.
Inside their onUpdate method I call a method which has four cases of
reading data from db and this method updates specific dropdownchoice
list with setChoices. Form has additional three fields. Im using
Compound property model with ValueMap. When i submit the form I info()
the valuemap and i only see those three non-ajaxified component's values
and I checked that ajaxified components have null modelobjects. I
suppose I'm missing some simple switch method but it could be more complex.

So, whats that something I'm not aware of, that makes my modelobjects
which are updated during ajax requests nullified?

Best regards,

--
Marek Šabo