Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/22 18:48:41 UTC

Re: Copies at GitHub (Was: Meeting with GitHub folks at ApacheConEU 2009?)

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess it would make sense for us to have some sort of an "apache"
>> account at GitHub where we could post clones of the Git mirrors we do.
>> That way anyone who wants to use GitHub for their Apache codebases
>> could clone from the copy on GitHub.
>
> I pinged the GitHub team about their thoughts on this.

They support the idea and have now reserved the "apache" account for
such a purpose.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: Copies at GitHub (Was: Meeting with GitHub folks at ApacheConEU 2009?)

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Once minotaur is back up, a mailshot will go out today :)

Gav...

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> I pinged the GitHub team about their thoughts on this.
>
> They support the idea and have now reserved the "apache" account for
> such a purpose.

Great, thanks Jukka.

Are there any news on BoF meeting about Git with GitHub folks? I don't want to arrange anything myself because I don't
know if I'll attend ApacheCon EU, yet. It depends on on my schedule next term and, more importantly, on my ability to
gather necessary money.

Anyway, I would like to know if there are any arrangements already made?

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski