Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kevan Tolley <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/09 19:20:14 UTC

problem

I have a MAJOR bone to pick with your company. I am trying to edit a 300
page document with your program and have nothing but trouble with it. It
freezes up all the time or justs exits the program randomly before I can
save the information. A terrible program. Please get this fixed!

Re: problem

Posted by Shari <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevan, I'm sorry you're having trouble. Please keep in mind this is a
free program, most people working on it do so voluntarily, just as all
of us here in this support email are doing it because we hope to help
others but this is not a paid support area.

Can you share a bit more information?

What are you working on? Type of computer, operating system, etc.

What version of the program are you using?

Hope this issue gets resolved for you.

Shari

Re: problem

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:20:14 -0700
Kevan Tolley <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a MAJOR bone to pick with your company. I am trying to edit a 300
> page document with your program and have nothing but trouble with it. It
> freezes up all the time or justs exits the program randomly before I can
> save the information. A terrible program. Please get this fixed!

I regularly edit documents of a thousand pages (and more) with no problems.

To help diagnose your problem, if you are using Windows, start your Windows in Safe Mode and run OpenOffice when Windows is in that mode.  If OpenOffice runs stable in that mode the problem relates to your Windows installation.

It is reported that recent Windows 10 updates cause instability in OpenOffice; it is also reported that a more recent Windows 10 update fixed this, so if using Windows 10 you should tell it to fully update, the restart it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>