Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hbrands <hb...@web.de> on 2010/08/07 17:01:56 UTC

Creating aggregated surefire report in site

Hey there,

I've a simple hierachical multi-module build for which I want to generate an
aggregated surefire report.
I'm using Maven 2.2.1 with surefire plugin version 2.5 and site plugin
version 2.1.1 on Windows XP with
a minimal parent POM configuration:
	<build>
	    <plugins>
	      <plugin>
	        <version>2.5</version>
	        <configuration>
			<testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
	        </configuration>
	      </plugin>
	      <plugin>
                <version>2.1.1</version>
	      </plugin>
	    </plugins>
	  </build>
	<reporting>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.5</version>
				<configuration>
					<aggregate>true</aggregate>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</reporting>

Whereas calling the two commands
mvn install
mvn site
will create the desired result, calling
mvn install site
in one command will create a report with 0 tests, although there are test
results generated in the modules.

Is this expected?
Is this a problem in Maven core or the surefire report plugin?

(You could say, it's no big deal, but it's annoying when using Hudson maven
jobs. I don't want to convert all jobs to freestyle projects, so any help is
appreciated.)

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Holger