Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by drvillo <f....@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 16:25:54 UTC

test for activity

Hi there

The system I'm building receives a "seed" message in, and this results in a
(unknown) number of messages
to be exchanged within it.
Everything runs embedded at the moment, and I need a light way of  checking
when
the system is "empty", that is all the messages have been exchanged.

For sure there's a way of doing this through JMX but what I simply need is
to test
if all the threads in the threadpool (jenks) are idle and if so shut down
the context.
Beside this I wouldn't quite know how to do it, but I guess I could learn:)

Testing for thread idleness was something that I used to do when using
ThreadPoolExecutor,
I wonder if this is still a viable option...

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot,
Francesco