Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE <an...@francetelecom.com> on 2005/05/03 14:34:43 UTC

RE: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

Hi Curt,

following your answer I have downloaded logging-chainsaw, read the install instructions. It told me to use log4g 1.3 . Thus, I downloaded log4j1.3alpha6.tar.gz and tried to build it.
After some progress, I am still unsuccessfull, and read in a post you did that the alpha version is only for those who want to live on the edge. I don't.

Can you please instruct me about how to download and install chainsaw ? Also, as I would like to use it on a sub-network that his not connected to the Internet, is there any release somewhere that I can download, transfer on this network and then use for installation off -line ?

Thanks a lot,

Anne

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

>Hi Curt,
>
>following your answer I have downloaded logging-chainsaw, read the install instructions. It told me to use log4g 1.3 . Thus, I downloaded log4j1.3alpha6.tar.gz and tried to build it.
>After some progress, I am still unsuccessfull, and read in a post you did that the alpha version is only for those who want to live on the edge. I don't.
>
>Can you please instruct me about how to download and install chainsaw ? Also, as I would like to use it on a sub-network that his not connected to the Internet, is there any release somewhere that I can download, transfer on this network and then use for installation off -line ?

Why not use the Webstart version?
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsawWebStart.jnlp

If you have Java 1.4 installed, it'll self install from this link.

cheers,

Paul Smith