Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/29 12:38:00 UTC

Fwd: Jenkins JDK Matrix - and consolidating of versions.

FYI, I switched all Lucene/Solr ASF Jenkins jobs’ configuration from “latest1.8” to “JDK 1.8 (latest)” (except for the 5.5 branch Java7 build, which I switched from "latest1.7” to “JDK 1.7 (latest)”) - more info below.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

Re: Jenkins JDK Matrix - and consolidating of versions.

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 4:41 AM, Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> in addition, the „JDK 7 (latest)“ according to the installation matrix is
> too old and buggy. Lucene is known to be broken with those old JDK versions
> (we require from our users to user later versions, the minimum is JDK 7u65
> for the Lucene 5 branch).
>

> JDK 8 (latest) is fine as its rather new.
>

> Could you use the recent JDK 7u90 builds like the “deprecated” latest1.7
> builds. Or did I misunderstood the term “latest”? J

You understood correct, I do need to go over them all still.

I have installed the jdk1.7.0_80 which is the last release.

HTH

Gav...

uschindler@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>

 <http://lucene.apache.org/> http://lucene.apache.org/

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi Gav,

sorry for responding late – I am currently on vacation!

About your questions: In the past we required some extra modules (like older Subversion to be compatible with the older Jenkins Checkouts). As we are on Git now and the build scripts use JGit to fetch revision numbers and check for clean checkouts, this is obsolete. So if you want to install the “Jenkins puppet module”, we are fine.

There is one special case for Lucene:

We have a hardware-specific “lucene.build.properties” file in Jenkin’s root and also some additional “test files” (large wikiepdia checkouts) that are used for nightly tests. If the puppet module does not delete those files in current ~/jenkins, it is ok. We would still need access to the machine and sudo to jenkins.

If this is all fine, go ahead!

Uwe

-----

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.
Hello Uwe,

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Uwe,

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, that was a dumb question - I didn’t look at those two paths close enough to see that one was a prefix of the other...

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.