Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/08/28 11:10:51 UTC

T5: Tapestry-upload and onValidationForm

Hi,

  I have a file upload form that requires user to encode a caption, I'm
trying to validate it on onValidateForm, but this is called after file has
been uploaded,
is there a way to check first the caption before uploading taking place?
this will save time.

Angelo

< t:form t:id="upload_form">
 	<input t:type="upload" t:id="file" size="40" validate="required"/><br/>
  	<input t:type="textfield" t:id="caption" size="40" maxlength="40" /><br/>
	<input t:type="submit" value="Upload" name="submit" t:id="submit"
    <t:errors/>
< /t:form>

@Property
private String caption;

@Component
private Form upload_form;

void onValidateForm() {
	if (!caption) {
          upload_form.recordError("caption is empty");
      }
}

RE: T5: Tapestry-upload and onValidationForm

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
I haven't used the upload component, but the usual way would be to use
"validate:required,minlength=3" or something similar in your textfield and
rely on client-side validation.