Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Smith <sa...@home.com> on 2000/11/04 18:06:43 UTC

Re: Can't locate custom tag library

Bob,

"Network not reachable" means your code is attempting
to do something still thinking it is on your home box. This
is not really a tomcat issue.

The right approach is to build a testing fixture and
test on the dev box or else build code that does not
have network-specific dependencies.

BTW I am sympathetic. I had the same deal trying
to get FTP to work through a locked down firewall.
Everything cool on my dev system, but deployment
failed.

The lesson here is to test critical code in realistic
situations before continuing the development process.
You can find some very useful information about the
"code a little, test a little" pattern at the junit site:

http://www.junit.org

Regards,

DRS.