Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jack Kada <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/21 10:26:42 UTC

Where To Start

Developers,

I spent all of Friday reading amiling lists but
couldnt find the answer to the following:

How can i customise the front page so i can include
image and background?  I read about and know how to
use JSP's but where is the JavaBean to get the listing
of folders available at any one time.

Many Thanks

Re: Where To Start

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
I think both our replies are pretty complementary.

:-)

Request Parameters

Posted by Ragia <ra...@asset.com.eg>.

Hello All,

	Working on a custom store, I need to send my own parameters through
the request object. Just need to know how I can send these values to my
custom store implementations. Should it be through NodeRevisionDescriptor or
is it possible to access the request object from inside the store
implementation??

Any ideas???

Thanx in advance :)

Rooja

Re: Where To Start

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Where To Start

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.

Re: Where To Start

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Jack Kada wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I see what you
> mean about the front page and things are looking
> better.
>
> If you dont mind - I kind of gave up using Slide in
> favour of Apache webDav module with Apache2.  Do you
> have any thoughts on this.  This was really because of
> the lack of documentation.

Slide has a lot more features than mod_dav, but it is a bit more
complicated. Depending on your needs mod_dav might be perfectly fine.

The documentation is a bit slim, but mostly when it comes to extending
Slide (implementing custom Stores, things like that).

>  If i am able to get help from this mailing list
> regarding setting up slide i would be more then happy
> to contribute to Slide by writing a quick start
> tutorial so that future developers dont have to have a
> hard time using this.

It would be great if you could do this. The Tomcat bundle download is
pretty straight forward but the webapp download can be a pain to get
running with authentication.

> Do you mind telling me where the paths for the files
> are kept.  In the domain.xml you set up scope to be
> "/files" (say)  where is that /files actually kept?

If you look at the <data> section of Domain.xml you'll see where the
default data is located. Three users are created under /users, three
default roles are created under /roles, the basic actions are created
under /actions, some versioning things are setup, an empty /files node
is created and some basic permissions are granted so that the default
users can get things done.

> Furthermore, how to create several folders for each
> project.  i know how to use Jass module and i dont
> need any help with the Java programming side.  Just
> setting things up is causing me problems

I'm not sure I understand this question. With the default setup using
any webdav client you can log in as root, john or john2 and start
issuing MKCOL commands under /files to create new collections.

-James

Re: Where To Start

Posted by Jack Kada <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Andreas,