Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/26 05:28:53 UTC

error listener start

This is a tough one . I have no clue.
All I get in the logs is that error msg.
Here

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">

    <listener>
    <listener-class>com.listeners.TrailsContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

     <context-param>
            <param-name>
            trailsDBConnName
        </param-name>
        <param-value>
          jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/trailsDB
        </param-value>
    </context-param>

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>Show Bikes</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.bikes.controller.BikeModelsServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
   <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Show Bikes</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/getBikes.do</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

      <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

My context listener class is in com/listeners

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.
I bet that's it, thanks a bunch !

Adam

RE: error listener start

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
com.listeners.TrailsContextListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/listeners/TrailsContextListener (wrong
name: TrailsContextListener)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2722)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1124)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1612)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1491)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4078)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:546)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1041)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:964)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1277)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:321)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
Jul 25, 2010 11:30:07 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextDestroyed()

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.

RE: error listener start

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Adam Posner [mailto:cuco2772@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: error listener start
>
> Thanks for the reply and apologies for the incomplete info.

Which, unfortunately, is still incomplete.

> > Also tell us ... how you installed Tomcat.
> >
> > Look in both the catalina.*.log and localhost.*.log files.

The localhost.*.log file should have a stack trace of the error.

Re: error listener start

Posted by Adam Posner <cu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the incomplete info. Its version
6.0.28, installed in /usr/share
on Ubuntu 9.04(Karmic Koala) (I'm on a 64 bit machine, but that shouldnt
matter

cuco@raptor:/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.28/logs$ cat
catalina.2010-07-25.log
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 832 ms
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.28
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor manager.xml
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor host-manager.xml
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory ROOT
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory docs
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory examples
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory dailyTamp-v1a
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/dailyTamp-v1a] startup failed due to previous errors
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=1/35  config=null
Jul 25, 2010 11:23:06 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1403 ms
Jul 25, 2010 11:30:06 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jul 25, 2010 11:30:07 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Jul 25, 2010 11:30:07 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

RE: error listener start

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.