Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/01/06 09:46:33 UTC

Use of the code-awards@ list

Hi,

I understand we mean to continue using code-awards@ for GSoC
coordination (assuming GSoC happens again), and I wonder if we
shouldn't discuss as many GSoC-related things as possible here
instead, to give that more visibility (as code-awards@ is not publicly
visible).

I suggest using code-awards@ only for things that need to be private
to GSoC mentors (i.e. discussing people issues as opposed to
project/program issues), and discuss everything else here, using a
[gsoc] tag in subject lines where appropriate.

We'd then use code-awards@ as little as possible, like we do for other
private lists @apache.

WDYT?

-Bertrand

Re: Use of the code-awards@ list

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...we should probably cross post announcements of GSoC deadlines to both lists
> to ensure we don't miss some mentors who only care about GSoC....

Agreed, and also ask GSoC mentors to subscribe to both lists, and
watch at least messages marked [gsoc] on this one.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 06/01/2010 08:46, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand we mean to continue using code-awards@ for GSoC
> coordination (assuming GSoC happens again), and I wonder if we
> shouldn't discuss as many GSoC-related things as possible here
> instead, to give that more visibility (as code-awards@ is not publicly
> visible).
>
> I suggest using code-awards@ only for things that need to be private
> to GSoC mentors (i.e. discussing people issues as opposed to
> project/program issues), and discuss everything else here, using a
> [gsoc] tag in subject lines where appropriate.
>
> We'd then use code-awards@ as little as possible, like we do for other
> private lists @apache.
>
> WDYT?

+1

Unless someone has a counter proposal we should indicate this intention
on the code-awards list.

dev@community.a.o - for general discussion about mentoring in the ASF
(in GSoC and not in GSoC)

code-awards@a.o - for discussion of specific applications and evaluations

we should probably cross post announcements of GSoC deadlines to both
lists to ensure we don't miss some mentors who only care about GSoC.

Ross