Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Davy Stoffel <da...@data-essential.com> on 2018/06/07 10:41:40 UTC

Ambari 2.6.2.0 / HDP 2.6 - Fileview/HiveView authorization required after kerberization of cluster

Hi all,

I'm trying to secure our HDP cluster with kerberos but i cannot acces
fileview/hiveview anymore after that.

Step done :

I dit a fresh install of ambari and deploy the HDP cluster.
I join all the hosts (including ambari) to our IPA real'm.
Enable expiremental IPA feature
Change the krb5.conf to use file system to store kerberos cache
Started the Kerberos wizard and go to the end.
No error reported during the wizzard and all components has been
successfully restarted.

Now if use the view, i always the the error :

Failed to transition to *undefined* (details)
<http://ambari.office.data-essential.com:8080/views/FILES/1.0.0/test/#/messages/1>
:
*Server status:* 500

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Authentication required
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.web.WebHdfsFileSystem.validateResponse(WebHdfsFileSystem.java:460)

After digging, some  user are telling to :
Create a new view and change the WebHDFS Authorization to use kerberos and
the principal of the ambari server. (the documentation say this is no
longer needed but i still tried it as it was not working at first)

auth=KERBEROS;proxyuser=<ambari-server-user-principal>@REALM or without
@REALM

They also ask to check the core-site settings and make sure the principal
proxy user is well defined. The kerberization process did as expected, both
options are there :

   1. hadoop.proxyuser.<ambari-server-user-principal>.groups=*

   1. hadoop.proxyuser.<ambari-server-user-princiapl>.hosts=*

Another said also to set  both option for the user running the ambari
process, i also tried.

I cannot find any other suggestions, any advice on how can i troubleshoot
this issue ?

Thank you,
Davy

Re: Ambari 2.6.2.0 / HDP 2.6 - Fileview/HiveView authorization required after kerberization of cluster

Posted by Davy Stoffel <da...@data-essential.com>.
Re,

FYI, I installed an older version of HDP, 2.5 (same ambari version), did
the same steps, everything is working as expected.
Someone knows if 2.6.X had some related issue ? I took a look on jira's
issues but didn't found something relevants.

Thanks,
Davy