Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2016/09/05 10:04:11 UTC

Report for September

Hi folks,
I've started on our report for September, which should(?) be the last
monthly report - after that, it will be quarterly. Report is paste at
the bottom of this email.

As noted, our primary goal right now is to attract more contributors.
I sincerely hope that the coffee-and-cake branch will make it easier to
contribute :)

With regards,
Daniel.

###############
Pony Mail

Pony Mail is a mail-archiving, archive viewing, and interaction service,
that
can be integrated with many email platforms.

Pony Mail has been incubating since 2016-05-27.

  1. Grow the community
  2. Make contributions easier (lower the bar for hacking on code/docs/UI)
  3. Increase awareness of the project

aware of?

None

Slight uptick in active members of the community, we now count roughly
10 active people
participating either on the mailing list or IRC.

Work has begun on a redesign of the UI, allowing for contributions more
easily.
This is codenamed 'coffee and cake', and is expected to reach a usable
phase in
a month or two.

Date of last release:

  2016-08-02

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

None since inception. See graduation info point 1.
The codebase needs to be more accessible before contributions can occur.

Re: Report for September

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 05/09/2016 12:04, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've started on our report for September, which should(?) be the last
> monthly report - after that, it will be quarterly. Report is paste at
> the bottom of this email.
>
> As noted, our primary goal right now is to attract more contributors.
> I sincerely hope that the coffee-and-cake branch will make it easier to
> contribute :)

+1
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/