Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Brat Wizard <br...@naxs.com> on 2001/10/18 02:11:54 UTC

How to Abandon an Included File w/o Terminating Script???

Hi there-

Does anyone know how I can abandon further execution of an _included
file_ without necessarily terminating execution of the script itself?

I want to do something like this:

----- toplevel script ------
...(commands)...
$Response->Include("somefile.asp");
...(more commands)...

----- somefile.asp -----
...(do some stuff)...
if ($do_I_want_to_quit_now == true) {
    don't_execute_this_included_file_anymore();
    }

...(more commands)...

Re: How to Abandon an Included File w/o Terminating Script???

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Brat Wizard wrote:

> Hi there-
>
> Does anyone know how I can abandon further execution of an _included
> file_ without necessarily terminating execution of the script itself?
>
> I want to do something like this:
>
> ----- toplevel script ------
> ...(commands)...
> $Response->Include("somefile.asp");
> ...(more commands)...
>
> ----- somefile.asp -----
> ...(do some stuff)...
> if ($do_I_want_to_quit_now == true) {
>     don't_execute_this_included_file_anymore();
>     }

Just return() from the include.  In this way and
others, includes called via $Response->Include() are
like subroutines ( they are actually ).  You may also return
values from includes, and pass @arguments into them.

--Josh