Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas Toper <nt...@jouve.fr> on 2004/02/06 12:32:29 UTC

XQuery support?

Hi,

Do you have any ideas about XQuery and Cocoon? Is there anything planned?

I think it might be a good addition? If you're interested, I can write a
longer e-mail stating my ideas on this subject?

Re: XQuery support?

Posted by Nicolas Toper <nt...@jouve.fr>.
Yes, it's not Cocoon's job to implement XQuery; I jsut know of eXist who
supports it now.
Do you know any OSS implementaitons?

Re: XQuery support?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:33 AM, Alan wrote:
> Saxon provides kickin' XQuery support. eXist is supporting XQuery as
>     well, but I've not worked with it yet.

Have played with an embedded eXist some and found some annoying quirks
(crap handling of namespaces, mostly) but as long as you don't ask
anything too complicated of it, it seems to work very well. I haven't
played with the 1.0 beta yet so they may have fixed the namespace
issues (one of the big ugly ones is the "throw an exception because we
haven't implemented this, but make it a generic exception with no
explanation" type problem) I was hitting -- I never got a response on
the mailing list to the problems though =/

-Brian

Re: XQuery support?

Posted by Alan <al...@engrm.com>.
* Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> [2004-02-06 11:46]:
> On 06.02.2004 12:32, Nicolas Toper wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Do you have any ideas about XQuery and Cocoon? Is there anything planned?

> >I think it might be a good addition? If you're interested, I can write a
> >longer e-mail stating my ideas on this subject?

I am interested. I'm hacking out a persistence engine to work with
    Cocoon and Saxon (XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0) that supports XUpdate.

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com

Re: XQuery support?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.