Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@alaska.net> on 2004/04/14 22:17:06 UTC

Re: whitespace issue after #macro in multiline #if

Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> wrote:
> That's cool.  We have to try to isolate that....

It appears to be caused by an in-line/one-line #if #end construction with
only whitespace after the #end directive.  My tests show that both spaces
and newlines are lost.

I've opened bug #28392 and attached an updated if.vm/if.cmp for detecting
it.

In retrospect, I probably should have tested for the case of a single if
statement, but the new if test cases are useful in any case.