Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Akmal Sarhan <as...@byteaction.de> on 2004/11/26 13:35:23 UTC

2.3.1 bug

Hi,

using the latest release I found out that the Rundata does not handle
the german umlaute correctly when the form has the following signature
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="formular" method="post"
action="myaction" >

ie it does not handle  enctype="multipart/form-data" ? any ideas on how
to work around this.

regards

Akmal

Re: 2.3.1 bug

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Akmal Sarhan <as...@byteaction.de> writes:

>Hi,

>using the latest release I found out that the Rundata does not handle
>the german umlaute correctly when the form has the following signature
><form enctype="multipart/form-data" name="formular" method="post"
>action="myaction" >

>ie it does not handle  enctype="multipart/form-data" ? any ideas on how
>to work around this.

Which encoding? UTF-8 or ISO?

I run a big application entirely on UTF-8 with Image uploads and it
works well.

You need

locale.default.charset = UTF-8
services.VelocityService.input.encoding=UTF-8
input.encoding = UTF-8

in your TurbineResources.properties. The last one (input.encoding) is
only available in TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH, not in 2.3.1.

2.3.1 is not able to control the input encoding from the servlet. So
you must rely on your container which might get it wrong (ISO
vs. UTF-8).

	Regards
		Henning

What is more important to you...