Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Moritz Gmelin <mo...@gmx.de> on 2008/03/27 08:43:34 UTC

tapestry-hibernate and MS SQLServer

Hi,

we have an application developed using a PostgreSQL Database that we
are now trying to deploy on a MS SQL Server. Problem is that any
database error that occurs (e.G. violation of unique constraints)
makes that access to the table involved in the transaction is blobked
for all users (on other sessions too).
PostgreSQL does not behave like that and continues to work with no
problem.
Is that a problem of tapestry-hibernate ? Of the JDBC driver (JTDS) ?
Or of a configuration of the SQL Server?

Thanks

Moritz

RE: tapestry-hibernate and MS SQLServer

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
I use Hibernate / Spring / JTDS / SQL Server 2000.  I've seen no such issues
when dealing with problems.

What does Enterprise Manager or Management Studio say about Current
Activity?  Is there a lock being held by one process?

If so, then either you or tapestry-hibernate needs to commit or roll-back
any changes before releasing the connection to the pool.