Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/08/10 04:08:45 UTC

Validator DTD

While browsing through the Validator DTD, I noticed that the �formset�
element, which declares child elements �constant� and �form� was placed
between the �constant� and �form� elements (position in file).

I�m not sure what impact (if any) this has on xml validation (no pun
intended), but I thought I would mention it.

I�m attaching a patch, in case someone thinks its necessary.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

RE: Validator DTD

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.

<snip/>

> In Servlet 2.3, we adopted the convention of documenting the elements in
> alphabetical order, instead of in some pseudo-hierarchical order.  Do you
> think it would improve readability if we did that in the Struts-based
> DTDs?

Well, don’t change it for my sake.  I was going through some of the code and
dtds just to get better acquainted with what’s available and try to better
understand the validator.  I was hoping to get a few of those last validator
bugs smushed.

RE: Validator DTD

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

RE: Validator DTD