Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by CHARLES BAKER <ch...@clemson.edu> on 2011/11/04 20:03:50 UTC

Distributed testing w/ CSV file and multiple threads

So, I intend to use meter with 10 remote machines. I would like each of those machines to run 80 threads. Should the thread group be configured with 80 threads or 800?

Also, the test plan is configured to pull userid and passwords from a CSV file. Will each of the 10 machines begin at the first data line of the file? If so, can someone point me to a method to make say machine 0 start at line 0, machine 1 start at line 80, machine 2 start at line 160 and so on?

I read about sharing mode at http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config but that doesn't seem to address this use case.
--
Charles H. Baker, Systems Programmer II CCIT/CSO
Don't see me in my cubicle? Try AIM: rascharles GTalk: chbaker@g.clemson.edu

Re: Distributed testing w/ CSV file and multiple threads

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Use 80 threads.  Each remote machine would kick off that many

The CSV file must be available at each machine , so in order to do what you
want , you will have to preprocess the files and split them up into
separate files so that each remote machine gets a distinct set of data