Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Amin Samir <am...@hotmail.com> on 2014/02/25 02:57:44 UTC

Nginx reverse proxy to cloud stack

Hello,

I am trying to configure Nginx to reverse proxy cloud stack to offload SSL, I have done the following:
Installed the NginxCreated a virtual host with the following:server {
    server_name  amin.com.au;
 location / {
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
        proxy_pass http://localhost:8080/client/;
    }
When trying to log on to cloud stack it gives me wrong user name and password.I even added the root to be root /usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/; index index.jsp; (still does not authenticate me).
however when trying to log in using http://amin.com.au it authenticates me and works smoothly.

Any idea why is this happening.

Thanks in advance for advise what might be the cause.

Amin

RE: Nginx reverse proxy to cloud stack

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
Amin,

For what exactly we are using nginx here? just to offload ssl feature or as load balancing solution as well or other?

If you have got it working for the purpose and its achieved, may be you can add a wiki page at CS site and it may help others as well.

You can add your page as per new docs format created by sebastian for 4.3.

Thanks!
Santhosh
Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.

--