Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/07 09:16:21 UTC

no "/proxy" url ?

Hello,

I've installed archiva from a SVN checkout. I've configured a managed proxy
and a proxied on to repo1.maven.org

Requesting http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository
/maven/activation/activation/1.0.2/activation-1.0.2.pom works.

Requesting http://localhost:8080/archiva/proxy
/maven/activation/activation/1.0.2/activation-1.0.2.pom fails
"
HTTP ERROR: 404

There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name proxy. Check
if there is such an action name with such namespace defined in the
xwork.xml and also if such an action class exists. Check also the log
to see if the action class is successfully loaded.

RequestURI=/archiva/proxy/maven/activation/activation/1.0.2/activation-
1.0.2.pom
Caused by:

There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name proxy. Check
if there is such an action name with such namespace defined in the
xwork.xml and also if such an action class exists. Check also the log
to see if the action class is successfully loaded. - [unknown
location]
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.(DefaultActionProxy.java:72)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:46)
"

As I'm using archiva from maven1, I need the proxy feature to handle
maven1-like requests :

http://localhost:8080/archiva/proxy/maven/activation/jars/activation-1.0.2.jar

What's wrong with "/proxy" URI ?

Re: no "/proxy" url ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
This issue is due to the ProxiedDavServer.process method :

it uses the proxyRequestHandler to get the requested resource. This proxy
handle artifact relocation, and returns the expected File object, but this
one is not used and the initial DavServerRequest is used to process the
request.

I'd suggest to modifiy the fetchContentFromProxies method to return a
(modified) DavServerRequest based on the File object. This requires to
remove the managedRepository basedir path from the file name.

Is there any way to cleanly makes this conversion ?

Another option is to change the ProxyRequestHandler interface to return a
composite object in place of a File : something like a "RepositoryElement"
with an URL-like resource path and a getFile().

Re: no "/proxy" url ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: no "/proxy" url ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I made some more tests and I was wrong : relocation is still applied as
expected.

http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/maven/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.4.jar

<logs>
181281 [btpool0-4] DEBUG org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.ProxyRequestHandler
- Artifact requested is: servletapi:servletapi:jar:2.4:runtime
181297 [btpool0-4] DEBUG org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.ProxyRequestHandler
- Artifact servletapi:servletapi:2.4 has been relocated to
javax.servlet:servlet-api:2.4
</logs>

I then get a strange error :

*Error 404 Not Found*

Resource in error:
http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.4.jar/servletapi/jars/servletapi-2.4.jar

it.could.webdav.DAVException: Not found
	at it.could.webdav.methods.HEAD.process(HEAD.java:52)
	at it.could.webdav.methods.GET.process(GET.java:58)
	at it.could.webdav.DAVProcessor.process(DAVProcessor.java:79)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.webdav.simple.SimpleDavServerComponent.process(SimpleDavServerComponent.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.archiva.web.repository.ProxiedDavServer.process(ProxiedDavServer.java:157)

Seems the DAV server does not get the "relocated" path.

Re: no "/proxy" url ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: no "/proxy" url ?

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.