Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Eastwood <Ja...@businessserve.co.uk> on 2002/09/29 01:08:47 UTC

[users@httpd] .htaccess

I have removed the Options of Indexes from my httpd.conf to deny dir
browsing.

If I put the same option in a .htaccess file it allows it again.
Is there any way to completely ban Dir Browsing completely, regardless of
whatever is in the .htaccess file.

( I need to have a htaccess file however)

TIA

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
.htaccessTake a look at AllowOverride:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride

In particulat, what you might be looking for, depeding on your configuration, is:
    AllowOverride None
or:
    AllowOverride -Indexes
or:
    AllowOverride [all options you want to, except "Indexes"]

Regards,
Robert Andersson