Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Puspak <pu...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/08 10:52:01 UTC

InvokeHttp - Response - Not readable

Hi team ,
My invokehttp is making a get call over http , but the response i am getting
not able to read .

when i am reading the flow file i can only see "No viewer is registered for
this content type."  I tried various option to get the json response , but
no luck.

approach i tried :
1 Accept : application/json
2 AlwaysoutputResponse : Content-type= application/json

Please suggest

Re: InvokeHttp - Response - Not readable

Posted by Puspak <pu...@gmail.com>.
i tried with that user defined attribute as well earlier, but no luck :(

Re: InvokeHttp - Response - Not readable

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried adding a user-defined property to InvokeHttp with name
of "Accept" and value of "application/json" ?

Any user defined properties should be sent as headers.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
The response shows that the content type being returned is text/html;
charset=utf-8 so that is why you can't see it in the content viewer.

You could send the flow file to a PutFile processor to write it out to
the filesystem and open it in a text editor to see what is being
returned.

If you are expecting json back, then maybe something is wrong with
your configuration in InvokeHttp... you added a user defined property
for Accept = application/json ?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Can you provide more information about the response? what is the http
status code? what is the body of the response?

Can you make the same request using curl ?

-Bryan