Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Bryan Sullivan <bl...@hotmail.com> on 2017/09/26 17:25:48 UTC

Issue with guide at http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/getting-started/

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the guide http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/getting-started/ but running into the following error. For completeness I provide below all commands I have run per the guide since doing a clean Xenial install:

sudo apt-get install -y python-pip
sudo -H pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
sudo -H pip install apache-ariatosca
sudo apt-get install -y python-dev gcc libffi-dev libssl-dev
sudo -H pip install aria[ssh]
Collecting aria[ssh]
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement aria[ssh] (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for aria[ssh]

Any help is appreciated. If this is a documentation issue and there's a bug tracking system where I can report it, please let me know also.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan

Re: Issue with guide at http://ariatosca.incubator.apache.org/getting-started/

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@lucidvision.com>.
	Yea, thats a common bug people run into with pip, and unfortunately all of the online forums about it aren’t clear
that simply using -H is the solution. 8)

	—Tom

Posted by Arthur Berezin <ar...@cloudify.co>.
Bryan, btw #2,

I've uploaded aria 0.1.1 to dockerhub as well, so this would be another way
of getting your hand on aria quickly
$ docker pull apacheariatosca/aria

We should probably include updating docker hub as part of our build process
for the new versions.

Arthur

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.

Posted by Vishwanath Jayaraman <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Please follow this email thread http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ariatosca-dev/201708.mbox/%3cCY4PR2201MB13025834286F60CE6DD41B9FA49E0@CY4PR2201MB1302.namprd22.prod.outlook.com%3e

and the installation steps at https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/README.rst

I had encountered the same issue a while back and have updated the README

-Vish

[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/47359?v=4&s=400]<https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/README.rst>

incubator-ariatosca/README.rst at master · apache ...<https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/README.rst>
github.com
ARIA is a an open-source, TOSCA-based, lightweight library and CLI for orchestration and for consumption by projects building TOSCA-based solutions for resources and ...

Vish