Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Simo Hakanen <si...@axelhealth.com> on 2022/02/22 05:26:44 UTC

OpenJPA, Karaf-feature and OSGI-contract

Hi

OpenJPA 3.2 targets the JPA 2.2 spec and the bundled lib we use depends on
spec 2.2.
Using maven-bundle-plugin to generate the required manifest then creates
the Require-Capability-header with osgi.contract javajpa=2.2 which is fine.
The problem comes when installing the openjpa-feature in karaf which
installs the org.eclipse.persistence/javax.persistence/2.1 bundle that does
not define that it provides the capability of said contract, or even
javajpa=2.1.

So the first question is, should I exclude the geronimo-spec 2.2 in maven
build and replace it with
the eclipse one in order to get working bundles?

Second question is related to the import headers of the OpenJPA Aggregate
Jar, those only import javax.persistence up to 2.1,
`javax.persistence.*;version="[1.1.0,2.2)",` which means that I can't use
JPA 2.2 additions. Is this correct?

regards,
--
Simo Hakanen