Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger Harrell <ro...@audiblefaith.com> on 2006/09/12 22:52:29 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2 SOLVED

>> I'm in the process of migrating servers. New server running Apache 2.2.2.
>> It didn't come with mod_ssl.so. What's the current config for getting
>> mod_ssl up and running with Apache 2.2.2.

>First, run httpd -M, to see if you've got it builtin.
>
>If you compile it yourself, run "configure --help".
>
>Otherwise, check your supplier's documentation.

Uh, ok yeah. It didn't come installed by default. I installed mod_ssl and
all is well. I'm surprised the default install didn't come with mod_ssl...

Roger

Re: [users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2 SOLVED

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Roger Harrell wrote:
>>> I'm in the process of migrating servers. New server running Apache 2.2.2.
>>> It didn't come with mod_ssl.so. What's the current config for getting
>>> mod_ssl up and running with Apache 2.2.2.
>>
>> Otherwise, check your supplier's documentation.
>
> Uh, ok yeah. It didn't come installed by default. I installed mod_ssl and
> all is well. I'm surprised the default install didn't come with mod_ssl...

Because for some unfortunate users in some parts of the world, merely obtaining
and installing mod_ssl/openssl is a crime.  You would have to ask RH for their
reasoning, but the ASF disables mod_ssl unless the module is explicitly enabled
during ./configure.