Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2010/02/18 10:49:35 UTC

Reorganizing a live tree

If I move a file (say, to a new subdirectory) and commit, and another user
then edits the file from a pre-move WC, what happens when he updates his
WC? Do his edits get merged to the file in the new location?

Re: Reorganizing a live tree

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:49:35AM -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> If I move a file (say, to a new subdirectory) and commit, and
> another user then edits the file from a pre-move WC, what happens
> when he updates his WC? Do his edits get merged to the file in the
> new location?

See http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.tour.treeconflicts.html

Stefan