Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Samy Al Bahra <sb...@repnop.org> on 2014/05/16 19:38:53 UTC

Re: Importing libck

Phil Sorber <so...@...> writes:

> I'd like to propose that we pull libck into our tree and use it to replace
> some of our stuff like the freelist, ink_atomic_list and hash tables.
>
> http://concurrencykit.org/
>
> Right now there are not enough distro's to make just linking against system
> libs feasible, but I'd like to set it up in such a way (configure time
> option) so that we can encourage distro's to add a libck package in the
> future.

Count me as available to help with libck integration. Happy to help
make this happen by  expediting patches and / or fixing minor issues
along the way.

Re: Importing libck

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 19, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Samy Al Bahra <sb...@repnop.org> wrote:
>
> > (also CK supports 32-bit architectures)
> >

> I believe the concern were around some containers which were 64-bit only?
> But alas, I don’t think it was a big issue (but I’m not very familiar with
> libck).
>
> — leif

Just wanted to add to this thread that the Hazard Pointers implementation
is specifically marked as AL2:
https://github.com/concurrencykit/ck/blob/master/LICENSE#L26

I do not think there were any other legal concerns here. Please correct me
if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Re: Importing libck

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.