Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Hakan Koseoglu <ha...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/11 12:14:24 UTC

multiple files, same logger and different tresholds

Hi all,

I'm trying to log to two or more different files at the same time. i
have set my rootLogger and I set a couple of appenders on different
tresholds.

What I want to have is, I want to have class classA to log with a
treshold of DEBUG to file a.log, I want the same class log to the fole
B, with a treshold of WARN.

I set up a custom level like
log4j.logger.classA=DEBUG, appender1
log4j.logger.classA=INFO, appender2

I'm not sure if this will work or not. WIll the output appear on both
files, limited with the treshold or will it only appear on on of the
definitions, since I am actually setting one property with two vales.

Is it possible to have such debugging to two files?

TIA,

Hakan