Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 09:38:29 UTC

maven-bundle-plugin 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT

Hi folks,

Well we're getting near to a new release of the maven-bundle-plugin (2.0.0).
The current test candidate is available on the Apache snapshot repository:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <version>1.5.0-20090217.134128-2</version>        <!-- or just use
1.5.0-SNAPSHOT -->
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <name>snapshot plugins</name>
      <url>
        http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
      </url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

Here's the changelog so far:

Bug

   - [FELIX-545 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-545>] -
   Export-Package version inconsistencies.
   - [FELIX-546 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-546>] -
   Import-Package version inconsistencies.
   - [FELIX-549 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-549>] -
   Import-Package should not include "snapshot" from snapshot dependencies
   - [FELIX-660 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-660>] - "Class
   in different directory than declared" error when bundle classes in a
   directory other than bundle root
   - [FELIX-677 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-677>] - Parser
   throws error when DynamicImport-Package contains attributes
   - [FELIX-699 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-699>] -
   manifest goal does not interprete _include instruction correctly
   - [FELIX-782 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-782>] -
   Manifest goal ignores version attribute specified in _exportcontents
   - [FELIX-807 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-807>] -
   conversion of JAR into bundle fails if there are classes is the default name
   space
   - [FELIX-831 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-831>] - bndlib
   unnecessary modifies valid OSGi Bundle-Version numbers (update to bndlib
   0.0.293)
   - [FELIX-843 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-843>] -
   Regression: BND 0.0.295 does not augment Ignore-Package with excluded import
   packages
   - [FELIX-850 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-850>] - Wrong
   symbolic name computed when groupId is a single segment string.
   - [FELIX-864 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-864>] - A wrong
   symbolic name is calculated if artifactId starts with lastGroupIdSegment-.
   - [FELIX-899 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-899>] - Version
   attribute missing from Import-Package on provided dependencies
   - [FELIX-907 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-907>] -
   Regression in latest BND code: negated exports are applied to private
   packages

Improvement

   - [FELIX-684 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-684>] - Enable
   excludeDependencies to check groupId, version, etc. rather than only
   artifactId
   - [FELIX-806 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-806>] -
   changing the internal configuration of the archive plugin doesn't seem to be
   possible
   - [FELIX-941 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-941>] - Support
   singleton & fragment-attachment directive generation

New Feature

   - [FELIX-912 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-912>] - Improve
   default Export-Package / Private-Package settings by scanning the project
   source

Please give it a whirl (if you have time) to check it works with your
project :)

You may see some differences because we now pass the whole classpath
to the Bnd Tool. If this causes you problems you can revert back to the old
behaviour by excluding provided and runtime dependencies:

  <configuration>
    <excludeDependencies>*;scope=provided|runtime</excludeDependencies>
  </configuration>

Problems can be reported at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX

When you raise a new issue, please attach a testcase whenever possible
as well as the results of running with the -X Maven option (extra debugging)

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: maven-bundle-plugin 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Heiko Seeberger <he...@seebergers.de>.