Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Dignesh <dg...@opentext.com> on 2017/10/27 05:18:57 UTC

Issue when performing the ejb look up

Hi,
I am using 7.0.2 version  of TomEE. When performing the lookup using the
multicast .I am seeing the below exception

	javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is
disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)]
	at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:405)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417)
	at
com.artesia.common.ejb.EjbBusinessObjectLoader.getRemoteBusinessObject(EjbBusinessObjectLoader.java:43)
	at com.artesia.common.ejb.EjbManager.getEjbObject(EjbManager.java:183)
	at com.artesia.common.ejb.EjbManager.getEjbObject(EjbManager.java:160)
	at
com.artesia.common.services.BaseServices.executeEjbMethod(BaseServices.java:192)
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to connect; nested exception is:
	javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol (protocol is
disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)
	at org.apache.openejb.client.Client.processRequest(Client.java:165)
	at org.apache.openejb.client.Client.request(Client.java:139)
	at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.request(JNDIContext.java:211)
	at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:399)
	... 19 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No appropriate protocol
(protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate)
	at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.activate(Handshaker.java:503)
	at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.kickstartHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1482)
	at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1351)
	at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:747)
	at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:123)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
	at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStream.java:140)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.SocketConnectionFactory.getConnection(SocketConnectionFactory.java:190)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:112)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.MulticastConnectionFactory.getConnection(MulticastConnectionFactory.java:78)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:112)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.AbstractConnectionStrategy.connect(AbstractConnectionStrategy.java:105)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.AbstractConnectionStrategy.connect(AbstractConnectionStrategy.java:81)
	at
org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:88)
	at org.apache.openejb.client.Client.processRequest(Client.java:163)
	... 22 more

I found the issue is due to the ejbds protocol being enabled – even when SSL
is not configured for TomEE.
2.I was able to edit the ejbds.properties file & set the disabled property
to true. and now the lookup is successful.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you,
Dignesh

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Issue when performing the ejb look up

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Can you test against the 7.0.3 or 7.0.4?

Also can you check the JVM system properties more than tomee ones?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Posted by Dignesh <dg...@opentext.com>.
No I dont have SSL.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, looks good,

do you have some ssl or ejbd system properties?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dignesh

Do you have an ejbd.properties in conf/conf.d?