Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/20 11:14:26 UTC

Using ZooKeeper Netty connector (ClientCnxnSocketNetty)

Hi,
I am playing with ZooKeeper configuration and ClientCnxnSocketNetty vs
ClientCnxnSocketNIO.
The ClientCnxnSocketNetty is an implementation of the network layer of
ZooKeeper client which uses Netty 3.

I have asked on the user@zookeeper.apache.org list about which are the
potenzial benefits.

Does any one of you ever used ClientCnxnSocketNetty ? is it somehow
'better' ?

For BookKeeper it is not possibile to inject ZooKeeper client
configuration, a part from providing a full ZooKeeper instance, but in that
case we are going to use the retry login of our "ZooKeeperClient"

Thoughts ?
Enrico