Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Eric L. Anderson" <an...@more.net> on 2000/07/20 18:49:20 UTC

Access controls to limit who can remotely access tomcat

What mechanisms, if any, are in place to limit access to tomcat from
remote webservers? In other words, we plan on setting up one application
server and then having a set number of web servers make use of this app
server. How can we make sure that tomcat only answers (by filerting or
otherwise) to a set number of remote web servers?

BTW, putting the app server behind a firewall is not an option.

Thank
--
Eric L. Anderson
anderson@more.net