Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by micky none <ha...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/01/25 14:58:14 UTC

Packing web application

Hi Friends,
I have a application with the following file structure:
Tomcat5.0
      webapps
            project
                WEB-INF
                      classes
                           bean
                             *.java files
                      web.xml
                *.jsp files

I want to package in into a war.The more tutorials I go through the more confused I get.I tried using the ant-1.6.2 and in turn busted my server.I even followed a tutorial and tried:
<catalina_home>/webapps:/>jar cvf project.war
But when I tried to rerun it onto different machine,it failed.Can someone please give me directions to the right and easy path.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

p.s:Someone even told me just make a project.zip and rename it to project.war and it should work.....