Posted to users@camel.apache.org by rosmons <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/18 00:38:16 UTC

Maximum Redelivery Delay not working in Camel 2.5.0

Hi,
I have a Redeliver Policy defined as in the attached file
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n3912880/RedeliveryPolicy.txt
RedeliveryPolicy.txt  :
I see that even though I have "maximumRedeliveryDelay" set to 1800000,
I see the following message in the Log:

2011-03-17 15:47:56,014 [DefaultMessageListenerContainer-2] DEBUG
org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryPolicy - Sleeping for: 4860000 millis
until attempting redelivery

So, I looked through the source code for RedeliveryPolicy.java and found
that there's indeed a bug in:

method : calculateRedeliveryDelay(long previousDelay, int redeliveryCounter)

line # : 223 is
if (maximumRedeliveryDelay > 0 && redeliveryDelay > maximumRedeliveryDelay)

which should instead be:
if (maximumRedeliveryDelay > 0 && redeliveryDelayResult >
maximumRedeliveryDelay)

I have tested out this change in my local environment and it seems to be
working fine.

Re: Maximum Redelivery Delay not working in Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Hari Gangadharan <ha...@hotmail.com>.
@Willem:

Thanks a lot. We will try Camel 2.6.0.

Hari Gangadharan

Re: Maximum Redelivery Delay not working in Camel 2.5.0

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, this issue[1] was fixed in camel 2.6.0.

Please try out the camel 2.6.0.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3344

Willem

On 3/18/11 7:38 AM, rosmons wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Redeliver Policy defined as in the attached file
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n3912880/RedeliveryPolicy.txt
> RedeliveryPolicy.txt  :
> I see that even though I have "maximumRedeliveryDelay" set to 1800000,
> I see the following message in the Log:
>
> 2011-03-17 15:47:56,014 [DefaultMessageListenerContainer-2] DEBUG
> org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryPolicy - Sleeping for: 4860000 millis
> until attempting redelivery
>
> So, I looked through the source code for RedeliveryPolicy.java and found
> that there's indeed a bug in:
>
> method : calculateRedeliveryDelay(long previousDelay, int redeliveryCounter)
>
> line # : 223 is
> if (maximumRedeliveryDelay>  0&&  redeliveryDelay>  maximumRedeliveryDelay)
>
> which should instead be:
> if (maximumRedeliveryDelay>  0&&  redeliveryDelayResult>
> maximumRedeliveryDelay)
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.
> I have tested out this change in my local environment and it seems to be
> working fine.

Willem
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com