Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Raj <nw...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/13 21:32:11 UTC

Deploying torque as a seaparate service

Greetings All,

We are looking to deploy apache-torque based
business/persistence layer as a separate component
that can be accessed by multiple clients.

Currently we have it inside a war file. We need to do
this since we will have multiple web & non-web clients
accessing the business/persistence layer.

One approach is to wrap the torque based
business/persistence component as a REST service and
deploy it in a separate tomcat instance or as separate
web-app.

Appserver: Tomcat 5.5

Any other ideas that will reduce this
migration/redesign work?

Thanks in advance,
Raj

RE: Deploying torque as a separate service

Posted by Naveen Murthy <nm...@datalinx.net>.
yes, that would definitely work.

you could create a spring "business object" bean/proxy and within in u can delegate the calls to lower level dataaccess objects that use torque. in this case, if the clients of ur service are on a different m/c, then ull have to expose the service to them using 'lighweight remoting' or webservices so that they can access it.

for services layer u can think of it in the following way..
delivery mechanism  -> business objs -> data access objs -> backend

A good opensource based solution for this cud be-->

Axis/webservices -> spring -> torque/hibernate -> <whatever db>

depending on ur client requirments, other delivery mechanisms applicable cud messaging/JMS based or  even ejb/rmi.

thx

I have not used Spring-framework, but wanted to know
if I can wrap the Torque objects as a service using
spring?

Thanks

Posted by Raj <nw...@yahoo.com>.