Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sridhar M <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/22 15:48:36 UTC

Indexed Properties

Hi,
  I have a requirement wherein my HTML Form contains
around 100 textfields. I want to use struts to handle
this form automatically. But the problem is that I
can't define 100 setter and getter methods.I tried
using indexed properties with form beans but did not
succeed.

Does Struts support the indexed properties concept
defined by Javabeans. If so how to implement it.

Thanks in advance,
Sridhar

Re: Indexed Properties

Posted by Arron Bates <ar...@pacific.net.au>.
Sridhar,

I've had to make one such application of equally nasty size. To get the
job done the nested tags were made. They made the truly daunting task a
walk in the park.
They're in the nightly build, or if you're confined to an earlier
release of Struts you can get them as a separate jar here...

http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/struts

Link above will also provide a primer, tutorial, and some advanced
tricks. The latest docco is on the nightly build part of the struts site
documentation.

Arron.

Re: Indexed Properties

Posted by Erik Tennant <et...@cariboulake.com>.
I've had repeated problems with IE and Netscape on win9x platforms using a
large number of text fields.  The browser display seems to become corrupt
after a short period of time using the screens.  It might be worth your
time to mock up some screens on your target platform(s) and make sure you
don't encounter similar problems.

-Erik